Exploitation du gaz méthane du Kivu: projet toujours à l'étude
Kigali: In June next year, Rwanda and DR Congo expect to have results of a major study on which they hope to base to determine the final implementation for a joint extraction project of 200MW of electricity.
Rwanda Energy State Minister Albert Butare said last week that “with those three components you have the project as a comprehensive package which anybody would be ready to come on board in terms of financing for implementation”.
Minister Butare said the EU had agreed to avail funding in two months times to start the study estimated to cost between $1.5m and $2m. After this stage, the two countries will engage donors for a larger financing arrangement of more than $450m for the extraction to start, according to expert estimates.
Rwanda already has its own $325m exploration and extraction project being implemented by American company ContourGlobal. Last Updated ( Monday, 24 August 2009 )